Prepping more wood bases

Working my way through my remainder of wood and preparing it for bases.

 For all one side is painted black, it matches the standard fill on all the minis I make.

For all one side is painted black, it matches the standard fill on all the minis I make.

I have a drop light to easily see the coverage. Painting the back side black, and various colors and textures on the front.  

 Black paint done. 

Black paint done. 

upload.jpg

The green was an enamel spray paint, then sanded to flatten and roughen it up.

 A golden strain with a touch of dark strain mixed in. Sealed with polycyclic. 

A golden strain with a touch of dark strain mixed in. Sealed with polycyclic. 

 Gesso that was painted blue and then sanded to create a white and blue grain effect

Gesso that was painted blue and then sanded to create a white and blue grain effect

 Same green as above, with saw dust, needs a wet rag wipe down before more paint

Same green as above, with saw dust, needs a wet rag wipe down before more paint

 Pattern created using a wet rag loop technique. Then sealed with spray polyurethane. I went with a non water based so that the pattern wouldn't be effected.

Pattern created using a wet rag loop technique. Then sealed with spray polyurethane. I went with a non water based so that the pattern wouldn't be effected.

 A leftover chunk from an art project I made. Dye that is sealed with polycrylic. 

A leftover chunk from an art project I made. Dye that is sealed with polycrylic.